“Are you wanting to jump start your writing career? Having trouble narrowing down your sketching ideas to one or two? I highly recommend Creative Connections. Tara Lynne and Barbara are an awesome team of instructors. Following their prompts, I was able to whip out 3 poems that I was happy with and a couple of sketches that may turn into drawings which hopefully will turn into a painting.” Maggie R.
Read Tara Lynne Groth’s re-cap of our 2016 Creative Connections Retreat here.
Creative Connections: Art and Writing One-Day Retreat
Writer Tara Lynne Groth and I are hosting another Creative Connections: Art and Writing One-Day Retreat, and we’d love to have you join us. Your registration will include a catered lunch, art supplies, and a full day of creativity..
Saturday, June 3…10:30AM-4:30PM
Bynum Front Porch, 950 Bynum Road, Pittsboro, NC
This is an inspiring and generative workshop for artists and writers. We will create art and stories based on various prompts. Everyone will create a painted collage (example above) to take home based on a written piece. Spend a day immersed with creatives. Explore literary and artistic elements, and openly share art, poems, and stories. This class is suitable for writers of any genre and artists of any level. Class takes place in a historic space full of tchotchkes and memorabilia from times past. If weather cooperates, we may walk down to the Haw River and tap into inspiration from our natural environment.
$79 – Includes lunch, coffee/tea and refreshments, small canvas, acrylic paints and all art supplies provided. Registrants take home their completed canvas and brushes.
Coming from out of town? Let me know, and I can send you information on lodging and many fun activities in the area.
Hope to see you there! If you have any questions, feel free to email WildesArt@gmail.com.
Tara Lynne Groth is a full-time freelance writer in Chatham County. She is the founder of Triangle Writers and the popular blog Write Naked. She was a semifinalist for the 2015 James Applewhite Poetry Prize and received honorable mention in fiction in the 2015 Carolina Woman Writing Contest. www.TaraLynneGroth.com
Barbara Hengstenberg is the founder of and folk artist behind WildesArt, a gathering place for musicians, visual artists, writers, poets, foodies, and yogis. Through her website, Barbara sells her Zen folk art with all profits designated to various charitable organizations. Barbara holds an M.A. in Education, and resides in Chatham County. www.WildesArt.com
Other Workshops Offered by WildesArt:
WildesArt is pleased to announce workshops presented by founder and artist Barbara Hengstenberg:
- Are you looking for ideas to tap into your creative center?
- Does the idea of creating art and/or writing seem intimidating to you?
- Are you in awe of others’ creativity, thinking: “I could never do that”?
- Do you fear digging deep and sharing your thoughts, ideas, and creativity?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, choose a session below and join us as we learn ways to reach deep and create… and have fun along the way!
- Tapping into Your Creative Core: Inspirations – Sessions TBA
- Tapping into Your Creative Core: Mapping Personal Journeys – Sessions TBA
- Tapping into Your Creative Core: Using Lists – Sessions TBA
- Tapping into Your Creative Core: Collecting Artifacts – Sessions TBA
- Tapping into Your Creative Core: Memoir – Sessions TBA
- Tapping into Your Creative Core: Drawing/Painting/Writing on Demand – Sessions TBA
- Tapping into Your Creative Core: Dynamics of Description – Sessions TBA
- Tapping into Your Creative Core: The Power of Observation – Sessions TBA